The principles for the Association are as follows:
Any group that forms to provide a benefit to the neighbourhood can be an affiliated neighbourhood group if:
- There is a contact person who will be the liaison with other groups and willing to meet at least two times a year for a joint Neighbourhood Association meeting;
- There is a contact available to the broader public;
- The groups offers a program/activity that benefits a significant part of the neighbourhood or population within the neighbourhood
- The group and its activities are open to everyone and has minimal barriers/requirements for participation e.g. fees.
- The group is open to sharing with other neighbourhood group representatives and collaborating for mutual benefit.
If funds are managed or required by the group: