In January 2018, the MHBPNA formed a Development subcommittee to track new buildings and developments within and around the neighbourhood. Currently the committee meets once a month and includes 10 members from across the Mount Hope-Breithaupt Park area. To contact the development committee, email email@example.com.
- Create neighbourhood engagement and monitor and respond to development proposals
- Establish a formal line of communication with the City of Kitchener Planning Department, the Regional Planning Department and City Council on building and development issues which impact the area
- Ensure that the PARTS and RIENS guidelines and proposed zoning changes (CRoZBY) are fully communicated to all residents and adhered to as new development occurs
- Design a communication strategy to 1) gather input from residents and 2) develop a formal line of communication with builders and developers in order to give feedback on proposed development.
Developments currently being monitored include:
- The Perimeter build at Wellington/Moore – on the Google property
- The Station Park Development
- The McDonald’s building lot on King/Breithaupt
- The old Staebler building/now vacant lot on King/Wellington
- The Regional Transit Hub
- The condo development at King/Louisa – added to the list because of construction/parking issues
- The residential build on Braun Avenue
- The Electrohome building (152 Shanley)
- Extend A Family building
- Sacred Heart school/convent
- The commercial development at Roger/Moore (City of Waterloo initiative but a traffic and neighbourhood impact)
CLICK on this map below to see all the developments around our area.
Links are given for more information about each one.